Table of Contents
Overview of Hennessey GT
Today we will be talking about the Predecessor of Hennessey Venom F5. The sports car, we are talking about is Hennessey Venom GT, manufactured by Texas-based Hennessey Performance Engineering.
The top speed of the Hennessey GT is 270 miles per hour.
“I knew the car had it in it, but it’s satisfying to officially validate the Venom GT’s high-speed stability,” said Hennessey CEO/partner Don Goldman. “We’re elated to have met our goals of aerodynamic stability and crosswind tolerance.”– Hennessey CEO
- The Hennessey Venom GT can accelerate for the from 0–186 mph (0–300 km/h) in 13.63 seconds, becoming the fastest road-legal car in the world on January 21, 2013.
- The Hennessey GT can accelerate from 0–200 mph (0–322 km/h) in 14.51 seconds, beating the Koenigsegg Agera R’s time of 17.68 seconds, becoming the unofficial fastest accelerating road-legal car in the world.
- On April 3, 2013, the Hennessey Venom GT reached a massive speed of 265.7 mph (427.6 km/h), covering just 2 miles (3.2 km) during testing at the United States Naval Air Station Lemoore, California
- On February 14, 2014, the Hennessey team reached a top speed of 270.49 mph (435.31 km/h) covering a short distance of 2.3 miles (3.7 km), testing at the Kennedy Space Center’s shuttle landing strip in Florida.
- Hennessey GT cannot officially claim the title of the fastest production car because that requires making two runs in opposite directions on the same day. But it was not possible for the Hennessey team to do it due to some reason.
- This sports car can accelerate from 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds and from 0-100 mph in 5.6 seconds.
|Engine||7.0 L GM LS7 V8 engine supported with twin turbochargers|
|Transmission||Ricardo 6-speed manual transmission|
|Power||1,244 hp (928 kW) @ 6,600 Rpm|
|Torque||1,155 lb-ft (1,566 Nm) of torque @ 4,400 Rpm|
|Manufacturer||Hennessey Performance Engineering|
|Brakes||Brembo 6-piston calipers at the front and 4-piston calipers at the rear.|
|Wheelbase||110.2 in (2,799 mm)|
|Dimensions||183.7 in (4,666 mm) X 77.2 in (1,961 mm) X 44.7 in (1,135 mm) (L X W X H)|
|Rpm redline||7200 Rpm|
|Weight||2,743 lb (1,244 kg)|
|Successor||Hennessey Venom F5|
Hennessey Venom GT is powered by a 7.0 L GM LS7 V8 engine supported with twin turbochargers, generating 1,244 hp (928 kW) @ 6,600 Rpm and 1,155 lb-ft (1,566 Nm) of torque @ 4,400 Rpm.
The Venom GT has an RPM redline of 7,200 rpm.
The Venom GT is powered by a Ricardo 6-speed manual transmission.
The Hennessey GT is able to reach a massive speed of 270.49 mph (435.31 km/h). So, to ensure the safety and stability of both the vehicle and driver, it’s aerodynamics must be taken into consideration. To avoid aerodynamic stresses, this supercar is designed expertly and perfectly. So, it can achieve its goal with maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
The Hennessey Venom has a curb weight of 2,743 lb (1,244 kg).
The brakes used comprises of Brembo 6-piston calipers at the front and 4-piston calipers at the rear.
This brilliant sports car costs about US$1.5 million.
Performance of Hennessey GT
|Top speed||270.49 mph (435.31 km/h)|
|0-60 mph||2.5 seconds|
|0-100 mph||5.6 seconds|
|0-200 mph (0–322 km/h)||14.51 seconds|
The Venom GT is able to generate 1,244 hp (928 kW) @ 6,600 rpm and 1,155 lb⋅ft (1,566 Nm) of torque @ 4,400 rpm.
The Venom GT can accelerate from 0–200 mph (0–322 km/h) in 14.51 seconds.
This sports car can accelerate from 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds and from 0-100 mph in 5.6 seconds.
The Venom GT has recorded a top speed of 270.49 mph (435.31 km/h).
Production of Hennessey GT
The production of Venom GT was restricted to a small number of units. Hennessey planned to produce only 29 units of the Hennessey Venom GT. The production cycle was between the years 2013 and 2017.
I hope you have liked the article related to Hennessey GT, will comment below and share it with your friends and family. This helps in motivating us and bringing good content for you.
- Koenigsegg Jesko | Speed, Price, Records, and Specifications (2020)
- Koenigsegg Agera RS | Speed, Cost, Records, and Specifications (2020)
- Parker Solar Probe | Fastest man-made object in the world (Feb 2020)
- Bloodhound | Fastest Car in the World 2020
- Cadillac Cyclone XP-74 1959 – Concept car (Feb 2020)
- How big is the Universe? | 93,000 million light-years
- Helios 2 – Second fastest man-made object in the world (Feb 2020)
- SSC Ultimate Aero | Speed, Price, Records, and Specifications (2020)