Koenigsegg Agera RS | Speed, Cost, Records, and Specifications (2020): The Koenigsegg Agera RS is a sports car produced by a well-known Swedish company popularly known as Koenigsegg. It was presented at the Geneva Motor Show in 2015.
It is a successor to the Koenigsegg CCX and a predecessor to Koenigsegg Jesko. It is the advanced version of Koenigsegg R and the combination of Koenigsegg R and Koenigsegg S. It comprises of the features and specifications of both Koenigsegg R and Koenigsegg S. It also has some of the features similar to Koenigsegg one. This hypercar costs $2.5 million.
In the beginning, Koenigsegg Agera RS was powered with the 4.7-liter V8 engine. Later it was replaced with the 5-liter V8 engine due to some reasons.
A route of 11 miles was made between Las Vegas and Pahrump and was cleared of rocks. Niklas Lilja ran the car in both directions. It means the total length of the track was 22 miles.
The top speed is the average of the speeds during two runs. The speed during the first run and second was 284.55 mph and 271.19 mph, respectively. So, the top speed calculated was 277.9 mph.
Records set by Koenigsegg Agera RS
- In 2018, Koenigsegg Agera RS broke many world records and made the other companies like Bugatti, SSC, Hennessey, etc. shameful. It was given a status ‘Hypercar of the Year’ in 2010 by Top Gear magazine.
- It became the world’s fastest production car and the second fastest car in the world in 2017 with a top speed of 447 km/h (278 mph) on 4 November 2017.
- The Koenigsegg Agera Rs is currently the official world record holder of the fastest production car. However, the new Bugatti Chiron Super Sport did go faster on their test run, going 304.77mph. The car is a modified Chiron, however, there are 30 in total going into the market so it will be a production car. It didn’t go both directions on the speed test due to safety concerns and therefore its speed test doesn’t count as official.
- It broke the Bugatti’s record of 0-400-0 km/h. Bugatti took 42 seconds to accelerate from 0-400 and deaccelerate back to zero. Koenigsegg Agera RS took only 36 seconds for 0-400-0 in October 2017.
- Later it broke its record by completing 0-400-0 in about 33.3 seconds. It took 24 seconds and 1.74 kilometers to accelerate from 0-400 and about half a kilometer to deaccelerate from 400-0 in 9 seconds.
- It broke the record of Mercedes Benz of a flying kilometer on a public road made on 28 January 1938, achieving the average speed of 268 mph. Mercedes W125 was used in making this record on an open road. Agera RS broke this record by reaching a top speed of 276.9 mph on a public road.
- It also broke the Caracciola’s record of Flying Mile with an average speed of 268.7 mph. The Agera RS broke this record by reaching an average speed of 276.4 mph.
- It also completed a Quarter Mile in just 9.9 seconds during this run, but it is not a record.
- It also reached a massive speed of 458 kph / 285 mph on a straight road.
|0–100 km/h||2.8 seconds|
|0–200 km/h||6.6 seconds|
|0–300 km/h||11.9 seconds|
The Koenigsegg Agera RS is powered by the 5.0-liter V8 engine supported with two turbochargers generating a massive and maximum power of 1,160 hp / 865 kW. It produces an enormous torque of 1,280 Nm and a displacement of 5,065 cm³. The engine weighs 189 kg. It is supported with a 7-speed automatic transmission.
The hypercar costs $2.5 million and weighs 3075 lbs.
|Production||2015 – 2018|
|Engine||5.0-liter V8 engine supported with two turbochargers|
|Dimensions||169.0 in X 78.6 in X 44.1 in (L X W X H)|
|Power||1,160 hp / 865 kW|
|Transmission||7-speed automatic transmission|
|RPM limiter||8250 per minute|
Is it illegal to own a Koenigsegg Agera RS in the US?
No, it isn’t illegal to own a Koenigsegg Agera RS in the US. It is legal to own this hypercar, but the bad news is that it is not street legal. We can’t run it on the streets of the United States.
What happened to Koenigsegg Agera RS?
The lifespan of this hypercar was 2015–2018. Koenigsegg has begun the production of the Agera RS in 2015 and seized it in 2018. The company produced the last car on 4 April 2018.
I hope you have liked this article related to Koenigsegg Agera RS, will comment below and share it with your friends.
- Parker Solar Probe | Fastest man made object in the world (Feb 2020)
- Bloodhound | Fastest Car in the World 2020
- Cadillac Cyclone XP-74 1959 – Concept car (Feb 2020)
- What is a rocket and its uses – How do rockets work
- Lightyear one – Car on solar energy and Long range electric car
- How big is the Universe? | 93,000 million light-years