Overview – SSC Ultimate Aero
SSC Ultimate Aero | Speed, Price, Records, and Specifications: Last post we have talked about the successor of the supercar that we will be talking about today. Today we will be talking about the most loved car known as SSC Ultimate Aero. This car was the king of the supercars of its time. We will be knowing about the price, top speed, records set, and Specifications. So, stay tuned and enjoy.
Design and Development
The SSC Ultimate Aero, the predecessor to SSC Tuatara, was designed by the SSC North America, formerly known as Shelby Supercars, with an aim to beat the world speed record of its time. The first prototype of SSC Aero was produced in 2007. The hypercar was going to be the fastest production car in the world. So, it was designed perfectly and expertly to achieve its goal with maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
|1998||Company Founded and started working on First prototype.|
|2004||The first prototype was produced, testing and development begun|
|2005||Wind tunnel testing|
|2006||Introduction of SSC Ultimate Aero|
|2007-08||Introduction of Ultimate Aero TT|
|2009||Introduction of SSC Ultimate Aero EV|
|2013||Introduction of Ultimate Aero XT (the last unit produced)|
To conduct the speed test, a 12-mile (19 km) long track (U.S. Route 93) in Nevada was closed on March 21, 2007, to test the top speed of the Ultimate Aero TT. But the test resulted in a failure due to bad weather.
Six Months later, SSC North America was successful in getting the title of the fastest production car at West Richland, WA on September 13, 2007. Rick Doria drove the car in both directions. It means the total length of the track was 24 miles. The top speed is the average of the speeds during two runs. The speed during the first run and second was 257.41 mph and 254.86 mph, respectively. So, the top speed calculated was 256.14 mph.
The SSC Ultimate Aero can generate a massive and maximum speed of 256.14 miles per hour. It can produce a great power of 1183 bhp and an enormous torque of 1483 Nm. SSC North America also claims a drag coefficient of 0.357, very less as compared to other supercars. The supercar accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.78 seconds.
Production of SSC Ultimate Aero
The SSC was mass-produced in 2007. But, the company closed the production of this hyper car in 2013. The car produced was not only the fastest production car but also includes
The Ultimate aero XT was the last variant of SSC Ultimate Aero produced by the SSC North America in 2013.
Records set by SSC Ultimate Aero
- The SSC Ultimate Aero still lists in the top ten fastest cars in the world.
- SSC North America was successful in getting the title of the fastest production car in West Richland, WA on September 13, 2007. Rick Doria drove the car in both directions. It means the total length of the track was 24 miles. The top speed is the average of the speeds during two runs. The speed during the first run and second was 257.41 mph and 254.86 mph, respectively. So, the top speed calculated was 256.14 mph.
According to Guinness World Record, the SSC Ultimate Aero achieved the title of the fastest production car in the world in 2007, timed at 256.14 miles per hour.Guinness World Record
- But, later in 2010, Bugatti Veyron Super Sport took their title.
- The supercar accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.78 seconds.
Specifications of SSC Ultimate Aero
|Engine||Chevrolet Corvette C5R V8 engine supported by two turbochargers|
|Dimensions||176.2 in (4,475 mm) X 82.7 in (2,101 mm) X 43.0 in (1092 mm) (L X W X H)|
|Power||1183 horsepower @6950 RPM|
|Torque||1483 Nm @6150 RPM|
|RPM limiter||7200 rpm|
|Body||Carbon fiber and titanium|
The hypercar is powered by a Chevrolet Corvette C5R V8 engine, supported by two turbochargers, generating an enormous 1287 horsepower @6950 RPM on regular gasoline. The SSC Aero is able to reach a top speed of 256 miles per hour.
The SSC Ultimate Aero was going to be the fastest production car in the world. So, to ensure the safety and stability of both the vehicle and the driver, its aerodynamics must be taken into consideration. To avoid aerodynamic stresses, this supercar was designed expertly and perfectly. So, it can achieve its goal with maximum effectiveness and efficiency. SSC North America also claims a drag coefficient of 0.357, very less as compared to other supercars.
The supercar is powered by a 6-speed transmission. It was readjusted in 2007 to improve the top speed of the car. The transmission system was upgraded with new technology, it can achieve its speed goal effectively and efficiently.
Now, we will be talking about the most interesting thing about this supercar. This car features a front lift mode, similar to that in SSC Tuatara. In front lift mode, the front suspension is lifted an additional 40 mm, allowing for clearance over speed bumps or other raised surfaces.
I hope you have liked the article related to SSC Ultimate Aero, will comment below and share it with your friends and family. This helps in motivating us and bringing good content for you.
- SSC Tuatara | Speed, Price, Records, and Specifications
- Koenigsegg Jesko | Speed, Price, Records, and Specifications
- Koenigsegg Agera RS | Speed, Cost, Records, and Specifications
- Parker Solar Probe | Fastest man-made object in the world
- Bloodhound | Fastest Car in the World
- Cadillac Cyclone XP-74 1959 – Concept car
- What are a rocket and its uses – How do rockets work?
- Lightyear one – Car on solar energy and Long-range electric car
- How big is the Universe? | 93,000 million light-years
- Helios 2 – Second fastest man-made object in the world